Undergraduate English studies
All undergraduate students accepted at Bar-Ilan University are placed in one of six levels of English on the basis of their score on the English section of the Psychometric Examination. In exceptional cases changes in level may be made on the basis of an internal placement test (EPT) developed by the EFL Unit.
Undergraduate students are exempted from English courses upon completion of one of the following requirements:
· An exemption level score on the English section of the psychometric examination, Amir or Amiram examinations.
· Successful completion of an advanced level English course at one of the following universities: Ben-Gurion U., Haifa U., Technion, Hebrew U., Tel-Aviv U., and Open U.
One of the following credentials:
High school diploma from an English speaking country.
Undergraduate degree from a university in an English speaking country.
Students are admitted into the Graduate EFL program on the basis of the Placement Examination developed by the EFL Unit. Graduate students are exempted from English courses upon completion of one of the following requirements:
· Exemption level score on the Placement Examination.
· B.A. from a university in an English speaking country.
· B.A. in English Literature and / or Linguistics from an Israeli University.
· Exemption from the department of the student's M.A. studies.