גב' חנה לוין
Chani Levene-Nachshon is a senior faculty member of the EFL Unit at Bar Ilan University. Her degrees are in Political Science and English Literature, but her "love" and focus of recent studies is Yiddish. She worked at the University of Pennsylvania Law school during the early 1980's, setting up the Small Business Legal Clinic in cooperation with the Wharton Business School Entrepreneurial Center and then serving as its administrative assistant. She also served as administrative assistant of the Penn-Israel Exchange Program, under the directorship of Professor Norman Oler. She is a certified translator-interpreter who co-translated Yad Vashem publications such as "Rescue Attempts During the Holocaust" and "Patterns of Jewish Leadership in Nazi Europe 1933-45”. During her stint as freelance writer for the Jewish press service of the World Zionist Organization, Chani had several articles published in English language Jewish periodicals throughout the world. Since 2006, she has been Director of Public Relations of the Salzburg Global Seminar Israel Alumni Forum.
- Rescue Attempts During the Holocaust, Yad Vashem Publications. Co-translator.
- Leadership Patterns in Nazi Europe 1933-1945, Yad Vashem Publications. Co-translator.
- The Call Of Memory: Learning About the Holocaust Through Narrative. eds. K. Shawn, K.Goldfrad and W.Younglove. Ben Yehuda Press, 2008. pp.161-67
- English translation of "אריה ברחובות ירושלים" (English title as yet undetermined) to be published shortly.
- Women Writing 1550-1750 (Revisited),
LaTrobe University, Melbourne, Australia, January 2008,
Gluckel of Hameln: Stereotype or Prototype?
- Salzburg Global Seminar 60th Anniversary, under the auspicies of the Austrian Embassy in Israel. Presentation on the history of the Salzburg Seminar and the life of prominent film director Max Reinhardt. Dec. 2007
- Series of Workshops for EFL University and College departments (part of the Bar Ilan EFL Department's Colloquium series in memory or Dr. Thea Reves)
On the topic: Teaching Reading EFL for Academic Purposes. Co-author: Dr.Iris Elisha-Primo. October–November, 2005; Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
- NAWeb (The Web-Based Learning Conference)
On the topic: Enhancement: An Integrated Approach to Creating a Successful Learning Environment. Co-author: Dr. Iris Elisha-Primo October 16-19, 2004; the University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- UTELI - University Teachers of English Language in Israel
"Monitors and Heartalkers" On the Use of E-mail in the
EFL classroom 2003
"Legal Vocabulary: Focusing on the not-so-
obvious obvious" 1996
- EFL testing
- Immigrant literature in both English and Yiddish (eastern European immigrants to America from the 1880's)
- Yiddish news periodicals in America 1938-1945
- A comparative study of Yiddish religious and secular news periodicals published in the US during WWII.
- Literary project: Translation into Hebrew of "Anton, the Dove Fanicer" by Bernard Gotfryd (joint project with Dr. Keren Goldfrad)
- Meital: Inter-university Project for the Development of On-line Material in English for Academic Purposes, 2002 – 2004